1. Uquillas JA, Pacelli S, Kobayashi S. Musculoskeletal Tissue Engineering: Muscles, Tendons and Ligaments. Tissue Engineering and Artificial Organs: Regenerative Medicine, Smart Diagnostics and Personalized Medicine. Edited by Wiley-VCH. 2017
2. Uquillas JA, Polini A, Chrzanowski W. Protein-based interfaces to control stem cell differentiation. RSC Smart Materials No. 10. Biointerfaces: where materials meets biology. Edited by Dietmar Hutmacher and Wojciech Chrzanowski. Royal Society of Chemistry, 2014.
3. Uquillas JA, Pacelli S, Kobayashi S, Paul A, Yang Y, Khademhosseini A. β-tricalcium phosphate scaffold adsorbed with gelatin-alginate cryogels for bone tissue engineering application (under review Acta Biomaterialia).
4. Uquillas JA, Kobayashi S, Pacelli S, Assman A, Schulze Langenhorst L, Miscuglio M, Paul A, Annabi N, Khademhosseini A. Small Pro-vasculogenic Peptide in Methacrylated Gelatin Promotes the Formation of Capillary-like Networks (under review Biomaterials).
5. Arghya Paul, Vijayan Manoharan, Dorothee Krafft, Alexander Assmann, Jorge Alfredo Uquillas, Su Ryon Shin, Anwarul Hasan, Mohammad Asif Hussain, Adnan Memic, Akhilesh K. Gaharwar, Ali Khademhosseini, Nanoengineered biomimetic hydrogels for guiding human stem cell osteogenesis in three dimensional microenvironments. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2016, Vol. 4, Issue 20, page 3544-3554.
6. Mina A, Caicedo HH, Aperador W, Uquillas JA, Gutierrez O, Caicedo JC. Biocompatibility behavior of β–tricalcium phosphate-chitosan coatings obtained on 316L stainless steel. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2016, Vol. 175, Pages 68-80.
7. Annabi N, Tamayol A, Uquillas JA, Akbari A, Bertassoni L, Cha C, Camci Unal G, Dokmeci M, Peppas NA, Khademhosseini A. 25th Anniversary Article: Rational Design and Applications of Hydrogels in Regenerative Medicine. Advanced Materials, 2013. DOI: 10.1002/adma.201303233.
8. Uquillas JA, Kishore, V, Akkus, O. Genipin Crosslinking Elevates the Strength of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen to the Level of Tendons. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2012; Nov 15:176-89.
9. Uquillas JA. Development of a Reinforced Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Bioscaffold for Tendon Tissue Engineering Applications. Dissertation Abstracts International, Vol. 74, Issue 04, 2012.
10. Uquillas JA, Akkus, O. Modeling the Electromobility of Type-I Collagen Molecules in the Electrochemical Fabrication of Dense and Aligned Tissue Constructs. Ann Biomed Eng. 2012; 40(8):1641-53
11. Kishore V, Uquillas JA, Dubikovsky A, Alshehabat M, Snyder P, Breur G, Akkus O. In Vivo Response to Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Bioscaffolds. J Biomed Mater Res Part B. 2012; 100B:400-08.
12. Uquillas JA, Akkus O. Modeling the isoelectric focusing of type-I collagen molecules under uniform electric field. ASME 2011 Summer Bioengineering Conference, SBC 2011. Farmington, PA, United States.
13. Uquillas JA, Kishore V, Akkus O. Effects of Phosphate Buffered Saline Concentration and Incubation Time on the Mechanical and Structural Properties of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Threads. Biomed Mater. 2011; May 4;6(3):035008.
14. Gurkan UA, Cheng X, Kishore V, Uquillas JA, Akkus O. Comparison of Morphology, Orientation, and Migration of Tendon Derived Fibroblasts and Bone Marrow Stromal Cells on Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Constructs. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010; Sep 15;94(4):1070-79.
15. Uquillas JA. Design Modifications, Startup Procedures, and Performance Evaluation of a Molten Salt Electrolysis Reactor. Florida Institute of Technology Library, 2007.
16. Uquillas JA, Strategies to solve microtia in Ecuador, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital Luis Vernaza, Guayaquil, Ecuador. May 28, 2015.
17. Uquillas JA, Strategies of vascularization in Tissue Engineering: Using angiogenic peptides, Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Biological Scaffolds for Bone Regeneration. In Vitro and in Vivo considerations, 8th Annual Congress of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell. Busan, South Korea. March 20, 2015.
18. Uquillas JA, Khademhosseini A. Engineered Hydrogels for Regenerative Medicine Applications. 7th World Congress of Biomechanics. Boston, MA, USA. July 6-11, 2014.
19. Uquillas JA. Advances in Biomedical Engineering: synthesis of vascularized bone, and opportunities in Regenerative Medicine in Ecuador. First International Congress in Biomedical Engineering and Mathematical Modeling in Biosciences Ecuador 2014. Quito- Ecuador, June 4-6, 2014.
20. Uquillas JA, Pacelli, S, Kobayashi S, Yang Y, Khademhossein A. β-tricalcium phosphate scaffolds adsorbed with gelatin/alginate cryogels for bone tissue engineering applications. MIT Polymer Day 2014. Cambridge, MA, March, 2014.
21. Uquillas JA, Schulze Langenhorst L, Miscuglio M, Khademhossein A. Small peptides promote angiogenesis in gelatin hydrogels with application in bone tissue engineering. Brigham and Women’s Hospital Regenerative Medicine Center Inaugural Symposium. Cambridge, Massachusetts. June, 2013.
22. Uquillas JA. Tissue Engineering in Orthopaedics and Medical Practice (Ingeniería de tejidos en la Traumatología y la práctica médica). BioScientis seminar series. Universidad de las Américas (UDLA), Quito-Ecuador. April 2013.
23. Uquillas JA. Regenerative medicine in Orthopaedics and Traumatology (Propuestas de medicina regenerativa en Traumatología). Hospital de las Fuerzas Armadas, Programa de post-grado en Traumatología, Quito-Ecuador. April 2013.
24. Uquillas JA. Development of a Reinforced Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Bioscaffold For Tendon Tissue Engineering Applications. Tissue Engineering Seminar Series. Brigham and Women’s Hospital, HST Renal Division, Harvard University, January 2013.
25. Uquillas JA. Biomedical Engineering in the Development of Artificial Tendons. Invited lecturer, Axxis Hospital. Quito-Ecuador. March 2012.
26. Uquillas JA. Biomedical Engineering in the Development of Artificial Tendons. Invited lecturer, Engineering School, Universidad Estatal de Cuenca. Cuenca-Ecuador. March 2012.
27. Uquillas JA, Kishore V, Akkus O. Optimized Crosslinking Elevates the Strength of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen to the Level of Tendons. Biomaterials Day at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 2011.
28. Uquillas JA, Akkus O. Modeling of Isoelectric Focusing of Type-I Collagen Molecules under Uniform Electric Field. ASME 2011 Summer Bioengineering Conference, Farmington, PA, 2011.
29. Uquillas JA, Kishore V, Zhong Z, Breur G, Snyder P, Akkus O. Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Scaffolds Induce Tendon Hypertrophy In Vivo. Part II: Biomechanical evaluation and cellular response quantification, ORS Transactions Vol. 35, New Orleans, LA, 2010.
30. Uquillas JA, Breur GJ, Akkus O. Synthesis and Implantation of a Tissue-engineered Tendon in a Rabbit Model - a preliminary study, 22nd European Conference on Biomaterials, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2009.
31. Uquillas JA, Kishore V, Zhong Z, Breur GJ, Snyder P, Akkus O, Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Scaffolds Induce Tendon Hyperthropy In Vivo. Part I: Histological quantification. Biomaterials Day at University of Kentucky, Society for Biomaterials, Lexington, KY, 2009.
32. Ricket T, Kishore V, Uquillas JA, Akkus O, Shi R. A Nerve Tissue Scaffold of Electrochemically Aligned Fibers, National Neurotrauma Symposium, Las Vegas, NV, 2010.
33. Ricket T, Kishore V, Uquillas JA, Akkus O, Shi R. A Nerve Tissue Scaffold of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Fibers as a Nerve Tissue Scaffold, Midwest Biomedical Engineering Conference, Cleveland, OH, 2010.
34. Kishore V, Gurkan U, Uquillas JA, Akkus O. Effects of Cell Type and Fabric Orientation on the Population Rates of Collagen Constructs, ORS Transactions Vol. 35, New Orleans, LA, 2010.
35. Kishore V., U.A. Gurkan, JA Uquillas and O. Akkus, Comparison between the Migration Rates of Bone Marrow Stromal Cells and Tendon Derived Fibroblasts on Random and Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Constructs, Biomaterials Day at University of Kentucky, Society for Biomaterials, Lexington, KY, 2009.
36. Santoso A., U. A. Gurkan, JA Uquillas, O. Akkus, A. Ivanisevic, Collagen Fiber Orientation and Proteoglycan Influence on Retinal Pigment Epithelial (RPE) Cell Attachment and Morphology, Biomedical Engineering Society, 2008 Annual Fall Meeting, St. Louis, Missouri.
37. Cheng XG, Gurkan U, Uquillas JA, Akkus O. Feasibility of electrochemically aligned collagen bundles for ligament/tendon tissue engineering, International Society for Ligaments and Tendons Conference, 8th Meeting, Palo Alto, CA, 2008.